If you are having trouble with logging in to a particular website, then you may have forgotten your password or User Id.
Here we outline the most common password login problems and what to do, if you have truly lost your password.
I cannot log in. Either the password or user name is wrong.
What can I do? First of all, you need to follow this checklist. Very often, the problem is a minor technical issue, that can be easily resolved.
- Check that the CAPS LOCK button is OFF on your laptop or computer. Many passwords are case sensitive.
- Check that the NUM LOCK button is enabled, if you are using the numeric pad to enter your password.
- Make sure that your are holding down the SHIFTkey correctly, if you are entering special characters or upper case letters.
- Try password variants with Upper Case and with or without numbers. Possibly, the system required a longer password and at least 1 upper case letter and number in the password, when you registered your account.
- Try logging in with another browser, like Mozilla, Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer.
- Try updating your preferred browser to the latest version.
- Clear your browser cache and reset your browser. For Macs, make sure that you quit the program, and don’t just close all the browser windows.
I did not receive my password email.
If you have just registered an account on a website, the company will usually send a confirmation email to your email address with an automated, temporary password Sometimes this is not received immediately.
- Wait 5 minutes. Often, the system takes a few minutes to send an automated email.
- Check your Spam mail to make sure that the email has not been flagged as spam.
I have forgotten/lost my password and want to reset it.
If you are sure that you have forgotten or lost your password, then most websites will ask you to click on the “Reset Password” link on th login page. Locate the Reset Password/Forgotten Password link on the login page and click on it.
Depending on the website procedures, you may have to enter your User ID or email address, that your registered with, and a password rest email will be emailed to your email address with further instructions on how to rest or change your password.
Tips on choosing a good password.
We recommend choosing passwords that are long, unique, and complex. A good password will have lowercase and uppercase characters, numbers and special characters. Use minumum 10 characters. Also, it is recommended that you choose a password that is different from other internet accounts that you have.
One popular technique is to use 1 password for all account, but vary it with part of the website name.
For example, your usual password may be “Doctor$faust713&”. You can vary this password and incorporate the website name, for example: “Doctor$faust713&fb” for your facebook password, “Doctor$faust713&wf” for your Wells Fargo bank account, etc.
When choosing a password, don’t:
- Use names: pets, businesses, family, friends, etc.
- Use letter or number patterns: 1234, abcd, etc.
- Use birthdays, addresses, postal or zip codes, even if you add a number or symbol.
- Use less than 10 characters
- Store them locally or on the Internet
Check your new password on www.howsecureismypassword.net, to get an idea on how safe your password is.
The Top 25 Worst Passwords.
Automated hacker bots are constantly surfing the web, trying to guess your password. These bots already know the most commonly used passwords, so avoid choosing a password from this list:
Share your login problems below, in the comment section.
12 thoughts on “Password Help”
Still unable to get back to Walmartone.! Why? Worked good for so many years
Will not accept my email. I never had a chance to use this app, to see if i like it
I cant get into my account. The username and password aren’t working what can I do?
I just cant log into my schedule at home, why not?
Hello I forgot my email and my user id and logon info to access my account. Can you please reset everything for me? Or help me to do it.
I need to get a copy of my w2 but I forgot my password, etc. how can I get a copy
can not get my email are password
Lost my password
I have not been able to login to Netflix for weeks and i would want to know why I have changed my pass word and still can’t get in , so why do pay for something that doesn’t work
I have forgotten my user and Password
I’ve tried my password for too many times and I know they won’t let me open my Hotmail account at all
Cannot log in to AOL